Attend our Prospective Members Meeting to get your questions answered. It is held the first Tuesday of every month at 1:00 PM in the Local 487 Office.
At this time, Local 487 does not offer skills training for those without experience.
You may also request an application be mailed to you. Once your application is completed, return it to our office along with the payment. Complete the form below to request an application.
What Can Local 487 Offer?
- Guaranteed minimum wages
- Guaranteed overtime pay
- Safety guidelines
- Guaranteed rest periods
- Meal Penalties
- Per diem & housing on distant work
- Health Insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Free or discounted training
What Are the Criteria For Joining Local 487?
- Residency within the jurisdiction, including Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC and Delaware west of Route 13 for at least 18 months immediately prior to applying
- Proof of residency in the form of driver’s license and two of the following: car registration, utility bill, voter registration, lease or deed. (Two required)
- Verifiable resume that indicates at least 30 days work in the craft for which you are applying or related work experience. See links for list of crafts. Covered Crafts – Studio Mechanics Covered Crafts – Broadcast Technicians
- The names and numbers of two references from the industry
- Minimum 18 years of age
I.A.T.S.E. Local 487 Application Request Form